Dra. Ana Torres Maczassek
Highlights of Dr. Ana Torres’ career to date include eight years training in Germany and a six month residency in the US, in the Sloan Kettering clinic in New York and the MD Anderson clinic in Houston.
Specialist in Plastic, Reparative and Aesthetic Surgery.
She currently carries out surgical procedures in the Teknon Medical Centre, as well as attending to her own practice., además de atender su propia consulta.
Academic and professional achievements
- Graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the Faculty of Medicine at the Central University of Barcelona on the 31st of July 1992 (academic years 1986-1992).
- 1993-1996: residency in General Surgery at the University of Frankfurt (Germany), doing rounds in paediatric surgery, oncological surgery, outpatient surgery and intensive care, under the instruction of Prof. A. Encke.
- 1996: Completed doctoral thesis at the University of Frankfurt am Main (Germany). Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine (Prof. R. Dudziak).
- 1996-2001: Medical resident and Medical specialist in the department of plastic surgery in the Bergmannsheil Hospital Clinic at the Ruhr University Bochum (Germany) under the instruction of Professor H.U. Steinau.
- April 2000: Qualified as a Specialist in Plastic, Reparative and Aesthetic Surgery from the Ärztekammer Westphalen – Lippe.
- 2001: Fellowship in Reconstructive Surgery at the Sloan Kettering in New York and at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, and an Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship at the University of Dallas. Training in Microsurgery (basic and advanced techniques) in Hamburg (Ethicon) and at the Frankfurt am Main University, as well as in the Plastic Surgery department of the MD Anderson in Houston, USA.
- June 2002: Recognition of the qualification of specialist in Plastic Surgery by the Spanish Government. July 2001 to March 2005: Worked as specialist plastic surgery at the Dr. Javier de Benito Institute at the Teknon Medical Centre.
- September 2002 to July 2003: Worked as assistant specialist in microsurgery in the Traumatology Service at the Parc Taulí Hospital in Sabadell.
- December 2002 to 2011: worked as an assistant doctor in the Plastic Surgery Department of the Sagrat Cor University Hospital in Barcelona.
- 2006 to present: Director of the Dr. Ana Torres Institute, C/ Mallorca, 237 2.º. 1ª, and at the Teknon Medical Centre (Vilana Offices), despacho 150, Barcelona.
- Author of several national and international publications.
Association with scientific bodies
- Member of the German Society of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery since 1997.
- Member of the German Society of Surgery since 1996.
- Member of the Spanish Society of Plastic, Reparative and Aesthetic Surgery since June 2002.
- Member of the Spanish Society of Microsurgery since November 2002.
- Member of ISAPA (International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) since 2004.
Dra. Anna Agustí
Dr. Anna Agustí Mas is a specialist in Plastic, Reparative and Aesthetic Surgery for the Ministry of Education and Science, and has more than 23 years of experience.
She is a full member of the Spanish Society of Plastic, Reparative and Aesthetic Surgery (SECPRE) and Catalonian Society of Plastic, Reparative and Aesthetic Surgery (SCCPRE). She is currently the Coordinator of the Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery Service at the Remei Clinic in Barcelona and also performs medical-surgery work at the Teknon Medical Centre in Barcelona.
Dra. Noemí González
Dr. Noemí González studied Medicine and Surgery at the University of Barcelona.
She specialised in Plastic, Reparative and Aesthetic Surgery at recognised hospitals in Germany, England and Brazil. She received her doctorate from the University of Berlin and has a Masters in Clinical Nutrition from the University of Barcelona.