First visit (prior appointment)
934 872 342
- Preliminary diagnosis
- No commitment proposal
- Easy payment terms
- We accept mutual insurance companies (ask)
- Personalized analysis, performed by Doctor Ana Torres
Within the field of cosmetic surgery, lipotransfer is a regenerative or reconstructive technique that consists of removing fat from one part of the body to place it in another.
More specifically, first a liposuction is performed and during the same procedure, the fat that has been removed from one part of the body is used to fill another part that is to be augmented or improved, for example to eliminate facial wrinkles, fill lips or augment breast size.
The use of the patients own body fat as a filling material to restore and add volume to the chest or lips, or to remodel the body contours, means that synthetic or semi-synthetic materials do not have to be used, which could cause possible complications with extrusion and/or a reaction against a foreign element, and its later rejection.
The results obtained from autologous fat grafts are highly satisfactory, both for cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries and for small and large amounts, as there are 5% stem cells, or mesenchymal cells in our fat, which regenerate tissues.
Dr. Torres has been a pioneer in the use of this technique for over three years now and comments that "due to the versatility of the technique and the long-term durability of the volume obtained, we believe that our body's own fat tissue meets all the requirements to be the method of choice for treating loss of volume or remodelling and repair of different body parts."
The results of this cosmetic surgery technique have been presented at many medical conferences and congresses, where colleagues specializing in plastic surgery have been able to verify the great results of this technique for themselves, in the short, medium and long term.
Doctor Ana Torres uses the Body-Jet Lipotransfer machine to perform lipotransfer, which is designed for both liposuction and lipotransfer and uses a water jet to detach fat cells from the tissue via the WAL method (Water Assisted Liposuction).
The procedure consists of performing a short tumescence first and while the fat is extracted an aqueous solution is infiltrated at low pressure. The water jet allows the preservation of a larger quantity of blood and lymph vessels while breaking up fat tissue at the same time.
The fragmented micro-fat grafts go into the LipoCollector, where they are stored to be used at a later time in any other part of the body such as breasts, lips or wrinkles that are to be augmented or filled.
One of the numerous advantages of this technique is that the water jet does not damage the tissue stem cells. In the field of cosmetic medicine, this procedure is always the fastest, most practical and involves the least handling of the adipose tissue grafts of any other common technique.
Patients must first undergo a preoperative exam: ECG and complete medical exam and tests.
Depending on the area being treated, the procedure is performed with local anaesthesia, epidural anaesthesia or, if the patient prefers, general anaesthesia.
Dr. A.M. Torres generally uses the Body-Jet Lipotransfer to extract fat (from the abdomen or the inside of the knees or thighs).
Extracting fat using high-pressure water jets leads to much less postoperative pain and obtains high-quality fat.
This extracted fat is washed and centrifuged to then be inserted by infiltration into the area you wish to augment, through small incisions (1 or 2). The surgery takes an average of two to three hours.
The length of the procedure will determine whether patients need to be hospitalized or if the procedure can be performed on an outpatient basis, so that patients can sleep in their own beds.
Patients will have to wear a girdle over the area that has undergone liposuction for 2-3 weeks. There may be bruising or swelling for a few days. Depending on the amount of fat extracted from the donor area, lymphatic drainage may be required.
The results are spectacular using this minimal surgery, and the body recovers its beauty naturally.
The fat from the body areas that have been bothering the patient for many years is removed and is used to fill in other areas where fat was needed, such as in the lips, breasts or wrinkles.
BEFORE THE PROCEDURE (PREOPERATIVE)
- During the week prior to the procedure take the indicated homeopathic treatment.
- Have a light dinner the night before.
- Have a shower the night before or on the morning of the procedure, without using oils or moisturizing creams.
- Be on an empty stomach (do not smoke or consume alcoholic drinks before the intervention).
- Prepare all that is necessary for the wound cleaning after the operation: round plasters, Bactroban cream, Cristalmina solution and small gauzes.
REMEMBER TO BRING (DOCUMENTATION AND CLOTHING)
- Informed consent forms, read and signed.
- Admission documents, read and signed (blue folder).
- Preoperative (analysis, electrocardiogram and other tests performed).
- Recommended girdle.
- Wear comfortable clothes.
AFTER THE PROCEDURE (POSTOPERATIVE)
- Make sure you rest for 3 days after the procedure. Do not make efforts but do walk.
- From the second day onwards the wounds need to be cleaned with dabs of iodine or Cristalmina, a little antibiotic cream such as Bactroban and cover each wound with a plaster.
- One week after the intervention you will need to make an appointment to have the stitches removed.
- Do not forget the antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medical guidelines to be followed during 5-7 days or to follow the homeopathic treatment.
- You should wear the girdle for a minimum of 3 weeks.
- A lymphatic drain or INDIBA is recommended in the area of the liposuction. It can be done on the 3rd day after the intervention.
- If bruising appears, Thrombocid or arnica cream can be applied.
- In case a lipotransfer has been performed, the area should be kept warm (with a vest) in order to achieve the best adaptation of the cells.
- If you have any doubts or discomfort, you can call the consulting rooms or the doctor's telephone.