First visit (prior appointment)
934 872 342
- Preliminary diagnosis
- No commitment proposal
- Easy payment terms
- We accept mutual insurance companies (ask)
- Personalized analysis, performed by Doctor Ana Torres
The abdomen is one of the body areas where fat deposits are most often found.
Pregnancy, often followed by distention of the abdomen muscles, weight changes and hormone disorders all contribute to the formation of an unattractive tummy or one with deformities.
When there is excess abdominal fat and skin, dermolipectomy improves skin tension, as excess skin and fat is extracted, while at the same time the muscles that have separated can also be sutured.
Depending on the patient's characteristics, either a normal or a mini abdominoplasty may be performed.
Dr. A.M. Torres will advise you concerning all options available to resolve your problem, evaluate your state of health (illnesses, allergies, etc.) and listen to your expectations.
Like all procedures, a previous medical exam is essential for detecting any possible anomalies that could negatively affect the operation.
We recommend that you stop smoking two weeks before the procedure and continue not to smoke in the first postoperative weeks.
Abdominoplasty must often be combined with flank liposuction to fully define the waistline.
The operation can be performed with general or epidural anaesthesia.
Abdominoplasty consists of extracting skin and fat from below the navel.
The scar will be completely hidden by your underwear or bikini. If necessary, the muscles will be sutured to fully enhance and lift the waistline and strengthen the abdominal wall.
The length of the incision will depend on the slackness of the patient's skin and general obesity.
The entire procedure lasts two or three hours, depending on its complexity.
After the surgery, you will have to use a drainage system for 24 or 48 hours, depending on each individual case. The stitches are removed after two weeks.
You will have to remain in the hospital for at least one day after the procedure.
We recommend that you rest for one week after the procedure and also wear a girdle around the abdomen for approximately one month.
You can begin your normal daily activities after two weeks and gradually start to do physical exercise after one month.
When the dressing is removed, postoperative swelling will appear which will gradually lessen and disappear. In general, the final result will become fully visible in three to four months. The sensitivity of the area affected by the surgery will slowly recover and will be fully restored within 6 to 12 months.
Post-surgery care and lymphatic drainage are important in obtaining good results. In cases where there have been sutures in the abdominal muscles, physiotherapy rehabilitation is often recommended.
BEFORE SURGERY (PREOPERATIVE)
- During the week prior to surgery take the indicated homeopathic treatment.
- Have a light dinner the night before.
- Have a shower the night before or on the morning of the surgery, without using oils or moisturizing creams.
- Be on an empty stomach (do not smoke or consume alcoholic drinks before the intervention).
REMEMBER TO BRING (documentation and clothing)
- Informed consent forms, read and signed.
- Admission documents, read and signed (blue folder).
- Preoperative (analysis, electrocardiogram and other tests performed).
- Recommended girdle.
- Wear comfortable clothes.
AFTER SURGERY (POSTOPERATIVE)
- Make sure you rest for the 3 days after the intervention. Do not make efforts but do walk.
- From the second day onwards the wounds need to be cleaned with dabs of iodine or Cristalmina, a little antibiotic cream such as Bactroban and cover each wound with a plaster.
- Two weeks after surgery you will need to make an appointment to have the stitches removed.
- Do not forget the antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medical guidelines to be followed for 5-7 days or to follow the homeopathic treatment.
- You should wear the girdle for a minimum of 3 weeks.
- A lymphatic drain or INDIBA in the area of the abdominoplasty / liposuction is recommended on the 3rd day after leaving the clinic.
- If bruising appears, Thrombocid or arnica cream can be applied.
- If a lipotransfer has been performed, the area should be kept warm (with a vest) in order to achieve the best adaptation of the cells.
- We recommend that you sleep with your chest and legs raised in a V shaped position.
- If you have any doubts or discomfort, you can call the consulting rooms or the doctor's telephone.